The choir of St Mary's is a robed mixed-choir including adults and children. The choir sings every Sunday at the 9.30am Eucharist and practice on Thursday evenings from 7.00pm till 7.45pm. The choir makes a valuable contribution towards the life and worship of the church.
We offer children in the choir:
• Free musical training, including the ability to read music.
• Training in breathing and voice production.
• A structured system of progression, giving children something to aim for.
• The opportunity to take part in a challenging activity.
• A caring, supportive and disciplined environment.
At the end of every term the children in the choir are paid pocket money for showing loyalty to the choir.
St Mary the Virgin, Selling is affiliated to the Royal School of Church Music (RSCM).
We follow the RSCM Training Scheme, which offers a system of progressive grades of membership.
Young singers are given targets, to which they are led step-by-step and rewarded in the form of lapel badges, medals and membership cards, which help each singer to feel a sense of belonging and achievement.